Many individuals regret the decision of getting a tattoo and all they want is to completely remove it from their skin. Well, fortunately gone are the days when tattoos were considered as permanent design or marks on the skin. Nowadays, with the help of the right type of dermatologist and skin treatment you can remove all the unwanted tattoos from your body.
However, the result of any tattoo removal procedure depends highly on the location, size and color of the tattoo. Also, in some cases, the tattoo isn’t removed completely and is still noticed on the skin. So, what to do now? How do you get a tattoo removed?
Well, the only thing you need to do is select your dermatologist and treatment option wisely. Compared to tattoo removing creams and injections, laser tattoo removal treatments have shown very promising results. Nevertheless, you can compare the results of different treatment options and finally select the one which suits you the best.
Things you need to know:
Irrespective of what treatment option you select, here are a couple of things which you must keep in mind before beginning with the tattoo removal procedure.
- A professionally made tattoo will be difficult to remove and thus will take more number of sittings. The surgeon or the dermatologist might have to use different techniques to remove it completely.
- If your tattoo is in deep blue or black color, it will be highly difficult to remove it completely.
- Tattoos made at home or by a amateur tattooist will be also be difficult to remove completely.
- Older tattoos are comparatively easy to remove.
- A little skin scarring and color variation is a possibility.
Dos and Don’ts of tattoo removal:
- Consult a reputed and qualified dermatologist for the procedure. This might cost you more, but in the end the results will be worth it.
- Communicate your reason of removing the tattoo to your doctor. This will help him/her understand how important the removal procedure is for you and he/she can tell you what to expect from the procedure.
- Make sure to discuss the number of sittings expected to complete the procedure as well as ask how much it will cost you. Procedures like tattoo removal are not usually included in medical insurance so keep in mind to discuss its cost in advance.
- Ask your doctor whatever question pops up in your head. Take a list of all the pre and post treatment care procedures and make sure to follow them.
- Don’t forget to discuss all the risks involved in going through the treatment. Discuss every little detail and make sure if you are ready to go for it or not.
- Re-think the idea of tattoo removal if you have active acne, warts, pigmentation issues, diabetes, or any such disorders.
- Never try to remove your own or anyone else’s tattoo it can cause serious skin infection, health complication or in worse cases even death. Tattoo removal is not a do-it-yourself thing. So, be wise and always consult a professional for it.
- Don’t go for such a tattoo removal centre which is unhygienic.
- Never neglect any after the procedure skin infection. In fact, immediately contact your dermatologist and get it checked properly.