Heroin consumption occupies a larger chunk of people who are admitted to drug rehabilitation centers. Based on the survey it has been found that the number of people in the USA who consumed heroin has significantly increased by 75% in the last 5 years. Understanding these trends is important to prevent its abuse in people.
Common trends in Heroin consumption
- In the last five years, it has been that people who consumed Heroin are 50 % greater risk of getting seizures.
- The rapidly growing chunk of heroin users was at the age of 16 to 21 years. They belong to the upper/middle class rural and suburban areas.
- Chicago is the city in U.S. that has seen the highest number of cases of heroin consumption and other associated issues.
What tempts teenagers to consume Heroin?
The price of prescription based opiates has seen an increase couple of years back. This has not led people to stop its consumption. Addicts, especially young generation is shifting to cheaper, and stronger substitutes to prescription based pills. A survey conducted on teenager addiction shows that 24% of college students have fallen into the trap of heroin and have become its addict. There is seen a 33% increase in the heroin consumption cases in the last five years.
What are the risks associated with the usage of Heroin?
- As it is very hard to find out the purity of the heroin, both new as well as experienced users can very easily consume it in large amounts.
- When heroin is taken with alcohol or other addictive drugs, it can give unpredictable results.
- Heroin in excessive amounts when consumed in the form of snorting, smoking or injection can lead to slow breathing, coma, convulsions, and even death of an addict.
- Heroin can even take life of a person. It is commonest drug that has to its credit a large number of death cases.
- Heroin, when used in injection form, exposes risks of spreading of human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and other types of blood-borne viruses in a person.
Why is it beneficial to take assistance of drug rehab center?
North Carolina is a state in the US where there are established rehabilitation centers that cater to the need of different types of drug addicts. Rehab facilities in NC conduct effective diagnosis of the patient to identify the type of addiction he/she has been going through.
Based on the diagnosis they determine the best level treatment to help in safe and effective recovery. There are various reliable and reputed rehabilitation websites that educate people about the different types of drugs, physical and mental ailments caused due to their consumption and therapies that are intended to cure it.
Consumption of heroin is one of the basic reasons that give rise to several different types of ailments in a person. Knowledge about the drug and its impact, and self-control would definitely help you stay safe and protected from the clutches of this dangerous substance.