If you would have noticed that baby shampoos are mild on hair this is because they do not contain sulfate the can cause scalp irritation. Using hair products that does not contain sulfate will make you understand the noticeable change in the quality of hair. So if you are experiencing dry and itchy scalp and want to liberate yourself from the irritation, then it is time to change the hair product brand and switch to sulfate free shampoo.
Why Sulfate is bad for hair
Sulfate as a chemical is known to be used in detergents and hence hair products based on sulfates eventually reduce the quality of hair the moment in penetrates in the hair follicles. The consequences are, your hair becomes brittle and are prone to breaking causing increased hair fall. Other than this, sulfate deposited in follicles does not produce healthy hair in place of fallen hair easily; hence the volume of your hair decreases. So the next thing is how to prevent it from happening.
Benefits of using sulfate free hair products
The best way to protect your hair from damaging is to start using sulfate free shampoo and conditioners. Let us understand why products that are made without sulfate are beneficial than the regular ones: –
- Hair products that do not contain sulfate are made out of natural ingredients that are less damaging to the hair. They use ingredients like honey and coconut milk that are known as natural cleansers for hair.
- Using sulfate free shampoo would not only have good effects on your hair but also on your skin
- Sulfate free shampoos do not dry your hair and scalp, which means that there will be less irritation and also they don’t remove the natural oil from the hair that are used for moisturising your skin.
- Hair products made without sulfates will also reduce hair fall and will help your hair stay stronger and healthier for longer period of time.
- Sulfate free shampoo does not create as much lather as the regular ones. However, it is myth that shampoos that create more foam clean the hair more effectively. But that is not the truth. It is not the foam that does the cleaning. So, it is always good to clean your hair naturally than the frothy shampoos that damages your hair.
Because of the growing awareness about your natural and healthy products, people are turning towards hair products that are sulfate free. It has become quite evident now that presence of harsh chemicals does not mean healthy and shiny hair. Even while buying people are reading the content labels to see what they contain. But be aware that many companies have started using other alternatives of sulfatethat are as damaging as the prior and selling as natural hair products. So be very cautious and buy only those products that are made 100% from natural ingredients.
Sulfates do nothing beneficial for your hair, so why to use them? Hair products that are sulfate free are growing immensely and it is easy to know why.